Tuesday, July 25, 2006

God Bless those Russian Grandmothers

for inventing Babka. I have always known I enjoyed the taste of a slice of chocolate or cinnamon babka. Last week, during a sweltering drive to Vermont in a convertible, I discovered that babka travels amazingly well in the heat.

By the way, who drives a convertible with the top down in 99 degree weather? Me, apparently, but with lost of sunscreen.

This week I discovered that babka is the perfect dessert to freeze. I have one in the freezer. As needed, I slice off a portion (or 2) and pop it in the microwave. 60 seconds later, I have a gooey chocolate wonder of a snack.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging. I always look forward to your insightful and true comments. RMK

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home